There can be no doubt that animals can play a pivotal role in human happiness. The relationship between people and dogs spans over 20,000 years and this incredible friendship is truly unique. There are no two species that coexist with such love and trust and I wonder if humans could have ever asked for a better friend.
Only the best for our best friends
If you love your dog, you want the best for them. You want them to live a long, healthy and happy life and you will do whatever you can to make sure that happens. There is something so comforting about that. For me, knowing that I am providing all my animals with unconditional love and care makes me feel good. I feel a sense of pride seeing them living the healthiest and happiest life possible. For me, this is a sort of mutual happiness.
The benefits of our furry friends
There is ample evidence that shows dogs improve our lives. But what exactly happens to us when we open our hearts and minds to a canine best mate?
- A recent study from ZamiPet indicated that dogs provided us with much-needed companionship during lockdowns. This was especially evident with those of us who live alone.
- Touching a dog has been shown to reduce heart rate and blood pressure.
- Looking into the eyes of a dog with whom you share a special bond releases hormones that are associated with happiness, trust and relaxation.
- We tend to be more optimistic when we have a dog. Optimism is something that all of us could do with, especially living through the uncertainties of a pandemic.
- Dogs improve our social skills. Ever noticed someone smiling or stopping to talk to you, simply because of your dog? Dogs have a remarkable ability to connect us with our own kind.
- Dogs get us out of bed and keep us more active. Whether it’s by obligation or for leisure, dogs keep us moving, helping to improve our fitness and wellbeing.
The contribution dogs make to our happiness is extraordinary. The impact affects our bodies and minds, and as a dog lover, I am dedicated to ensuring the benefits are mutual. The comprehensive range of supplements from ZamiPet gives me comfort that I can support the optimal health and wellbeing on my dogs throughout every stage of their lives.
A little extra support for the whole fur-family
My dogs are diverse in age. I have a 14-year-old Kelpie, a 12-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a 3-year-old Chihuahua X. The ZamiPet supplement range provides support for all aspects of my dogs’ health and wellbeing; from ZamiPet Urinary Support and ZamiPet Joint Protect for my senior doggos, to ZamiPet Skin, Coat & Nails and ZamiPet Complete Care Multi supplements for Cashew my Chihuahua. I know ingredients such as Omega-3, Chia Seeds, Turmeric and Prebiotics support the health of my very best friends, helping keep them happy, healthy and active for as long as possible.
There is nothing I wouldn’t do for my animals. Dogs exist in our lives as sentient beings who offer trust, respect and unconditional love; just to name a few. And, knowing that their lives are in our hands, the very least we can do is make sure that they are loved as unconditionally as they love us.
The information in this article was checked by ZamiPet Veterinarian and General Manager Dr Andrew McKay, BVSc, University of Melbourne, 2000. Vet Registration No: V3985
Disclaimer: This information is general advice only. Before starting any treatment or supplement with your pet, please consult your vet first for the best approach to getting your pet back to their best health.